Producers have had extreme market volatility this past year. It has been an interesting year in the swine industry with the trade wars with China. We also continue to feel the effects of African Swine Fever (ASF) going through China and other countries in Asia. China has half of the world’s pig population. Reports are showing mortality rates of 50% or more in China due to ASF.
Bio-security is crucial for people traveling in and out of the country and working on their farms. Take extra precautions when going in and out of barns. Use the Danish entry systems on your sites (ie. clean & dirty line or a bench). Always wash your hands before getting back into your vehicle if unable to shower out. Make sure to launder any overly soiled coveralls.
The FCS Swine Team is here to help you with any and all of your swine needs. Some of the programs and services we offer are:
• Pig feeding groups
• Feed budgeting through the use of FAS
• Corn and soybean meal contracting
• Projecting breakevens and completing closeouts
• Swine management and oversight of barns
• New barn packages, custom designed to your wants and needs with the option of contracts
• Pig purchasing—contract or spot market
• Contracts available on all barn types—nurseries, finishers, and wean to finish
• Assistance with Manure Management Plans and site selections